The metaphors of a doorway and a fence may seem obvious to you but do you recognize them in your day to day, moment to moment experiences?
Perhaps the following may help:
You are a DOORWAY if you
- Listen fully and freely to your own thoughts and feelings without trying to escape them, deny them, change them or bury them under some new distraction, decision or action
- Listen to someone else’s thoughts, feelings and ideas without judging them, refuting them, trying to change them or override them with your own
- Explore new ideas and alternative and opposing beliefs with a sincere heart and mind
- Feel and express delight, gratitude, encouragement, understanding and acceptance towards yourself and others, even when you may not agree with them
- Recognize that each moment is a moment filled with potentiality for new creations and for charting new directions
- Are willing to learn and try new things instead of insisting that you already know it all or already have the best or that some things are impossible
- Allow the natural energy of love to be expressed through you without preconditions or expectations of reciprocation or the fulfilment of your wishes/desires
- Are free from absolute concepts of ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ and ‘good’ and ‘bad’
- Recognize that you will never be ‘done’ and that you will never ‘get there’ because your awareness is infinite
- Maintain your naturally peaceful, joyous, limitless and free mind
- Recognize your natural abundance and infinite potential
- Recognize that natural living is effortless living
You are a FENCE if you
- Are preoccupied with winning, impressing, challenging, fighting or demanding
- Listen for the sake of maintaining or proving your own point or position, while seeking to overturn or disprove someone else’s
- Make decisions and take actions based on fear and all its offspring including doubt, worry, guilt, anxiety, impatience, jealousy, envy and insecurity
- Believe that you cannot have/create new ideas, beliefs and personality traits as well as new relationships with people you are already in relationship with
- Believe in lack, blame, vengeance or retribution/payback which is often called ‘justice’
- Seek to justify your decisions, actions, thoughts and feelings either to yourself or to others
- Do things for others with some expectation of reciprocation, no matter how small or reasonable it may seem to you
- Think and express through word and action, the thought/belief: “I love you because…”
- Hold back on feeling and expressing gratitude, delight, confidence, kindness, encouragement, admiration, creativity and inter-dependence
- Insist on manipulating the material world and the people in it (which is about manipulating the effects of non-physical causes i.e. your thoughts) in order to bring about change when, in fact, there is really no ‘change’ but only ‘new creations’ arising from new ways of thinking, imagining, visioning, intending and allowing
- Clutter your mind with worry, fear, anxiety and other troubling thoughts and feelings, thereby blocking the natural flow of goodness and greatness
- Believe that suffering is a necessary precondition for happiness
In short, a doorway allows your natural great peace, joy, abundance, limitlessness, power and freedom to flow freely and fully while a fence blocks their free flow!
Go on, be a doorway, starting right now!
Awakening to Happiness, Power, Prosperity and Freedom!
Australian Readers, are you in or close to Eumundi? Want to contribute to Harmony for Haiti fundraising event by participating in workshops Sunday, 14th March? I will be running one – see the flyer below. For more details (available from Friday), go here http://www.bellbunya.org.au/calendar